My Daddy

"My daddy is the greatest,
without him I'd be lost.
Funny, smart, and talented - 
priceless is his cost.

When I have huge problems,
and throw a nasty fit,
He helps me to get rid of them,
then makes me promise I won't hit.

When Daddy's sad or angry,
he doesn't throw a fit.
He's a good example.
I'm glad he'll never quit.

He rewards me for the good things,
but punishes for bad
I know that it's for the best
but sometimes I still get mad.

If I did not have him,
what would happen then?
I wouldn't be read bedtime stories
or be tucked in at ten.

My Daddy's really awesome.
I'm glad that he is mine.
I know my dad real well.
He loves me very much.

Because of Jesus Christ
my Dad will never leave.
My family is forever
throughout eternity."

- Amelia Theobald, 2005


I found this quote a while ago and the moment I read it I thought of my daddy.  I discovered it shortly after my Mom had relayed to me something my dad said about me.  His few words filled me with confidence and love.  After that I found this quote and it so perfectly voiced the feelings I have about my dad.

The poem was written when I was 12 (I thought I was younger, but it says 2005....) and I gave it to him either for his birthday or for father's day.  I'm so glad I've got a copy of it so I can look back and realize that I've always felt this way about my daddy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And then little red riding hood was eaten by the tiny bear who had a broken chair

What a day, what a day to take to.....everything!

The Lord is stronger